- Hike the southernmost trek at the edge of the world, the Dientes de Navarino Circuit on Isla Navarino
- Set up camp between rock pinnacles, alpine lakes & beaver dams
- Visit the charming fishing village Puerto Williams, the most southerly village in the world
- Fly over Darwin mountain range, the legendary Strait of Magellan and Beagle-Channel
- Enjoy a freshly caught king crab prepared by a local family
- Take a trip from Ushuaia to Martillo Island and learn more about see lions, dolphins and Magellan penguins
7 days from/to Punta Arenas
- 4 days trekking
- 3 nights expedition tent
- 3 nights guesthouse
- 6x breakfast
- 4x box lunch
- 5x dinner
from 2.590 USD
Thank you for the unforgettable days on the Navarino Island. The Dientes de Navarino Circuit Trek has everything you could ask for: deep snow hiking, steep climbs, sunny hours, beautiful views of the incomparable nature of Tierra del Fuego and pictures that I remember all my life will. The days were quite challenging, but that's what made the trek so special. I'm proud of myself & thankful for you!
The “Dientes de Navarino Circuit” is a trekking experience at the edge of the world! This southernmost trekking route is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will fascinate curious and experienced hikers.
On this pioneer-adventure in the mountains of Dientes de Navarino, you will land right in the middle of Tierra del Fuego’s mystic beauty. Hike through wet swampland and quaint forests of beech trees before you finally reach the sharp teeth, Los Dientes, of Navarino Island. These natural jewels are embedded in small blue-lustrous lagoons. Also hike through the southern end of the world to watch beavers building their dams, while resisting the extremely strong gusts of wind that indicate the closeness of Cape Horn.
Excellent physical fitness and team spirit are necessary requirements for this tour. Moreover, you should be able to walk long distances (4 to 8 hours a day) on muddy, rocky and sometimes snowy trails carrying your own backpack of 50 - 60 liter (10-13 kg / 22–29 lbs). Your personal items, camping mat, and sleeping bag, as well as some meals for the trekking days, have to be carried by yourself .
Porters carry the expedition tents, all cooking equipment and set up camp.
Special comforts like dining-/cooking-tent, showers and toilets should not be expected on Isla Navarino Wilderness Trek. The luggage that is not required during the trek can be stored in the guesthouse in Puerto Williams.
Day 1-2: Punta Arenas - Puerto Williams
After having arrived at the airport of Punta Arenas, private transfer to the guesthouse in Punta Arenas (without a guide). In the evening, you will have a short briefing with our guide for your tour on Tierra del Fuego. Spend the night in a guesthouse in double room with a private bathroom. (-/-/-)
In the morning you fly to Puerto Williams where you start your exciting adventure tour. Puerto Williams (2,300 inhabitants) is the southernmost settlement north of the Antarctic. In the afternoon you have time to explore the tiny fishing village on your own and to visit the interesting Martin Gusinde museum, where you can learn a lot about the culture of the Yamana Indians. Overnight: Guesthouse in Puerto Williams in double room with a private bathroom. (B/-/D)
Day 3-4: Dientes de Navarino Circuit - Laguna Salto - Laguna Escondida
Today you hike through a deep forest of beech trees and swampland uphill to Laguna Salto (480 m / 1,575 ft). You set up camp close to the gorgeous laguna, where you spend the night in tents. Appr. walking time: 5 hours, walking distance: 6,5 km (4 miles), elevation gain of approx. 600 m (1,970 ft) ascent and 200 m (660 ft) descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Laguna Salto. (B/LB/D)
Today you hike over the Paso Primero to the Mirador de los Dientes. You enjoy a picturesque view over the Dientes Mountain range with its blue lagoons. Afterwards, you hike further over terrain that might be partly snow covered to reach the Paso Australia (805 m / 2,640 ft). On your way you discover small lagoons and the sharp rising Dientes mountains until you arrive at your next campsite. Appr. walking time: 5 hours, walking distance: 6,5 km (4 miles), elevation gain of approx. 400 m (1,310 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Laguna Escondida. (B/LB/D)
Day 5-6: Dientes de Navarino Circuit – Paso Ventarron - Laguna Martillo - Paso Virginia
Today you walk through the hidden and untouched valleys of Isla Navarino and cross the Paso Ventarron (696 m / 2,280 ft). Upon reaching the valley you can observe beaver marked forests and dams. If you are lucky, you may have the chance to observe them busy at work building structures around their habitat. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 7,5 km (4,7 miles), elevation gain of approx. 300 m (980 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Laguna Martillo. (B/LB/D)
You hike uphill on a sometimes muddy trail to Paso Virginia (829 m / 2,720 ft ), the highest point of the Dientes de Navarino-Circuit. From up there you will enjoy spectacular views back to the rock spires of Monte Lindenmayer and also to Hoste Island and Ushuaia. Afterwards, you descent to Laguna Guanacas and hike back to Puerto Williams, passing a dense Coigue forest and fire-cleared slopes until you reach Los Bronces. From there you have a private transfer back to your guesthouse in Puerto Williams followed by a farewell dinner. Appr. walking time: 7-8 hours, walking distance: 12 km (7,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 420 m (1,380 ft) ascent and 830 m (2,720 ft) descent. Overnight: Guesthouse in Puerto Williams in a cozy atmosphere in double room with private bathroom. (B/LB/D)
Day 7: Puerto Williams - Punta Arenas or Ushuaia - Beagle Channel
You fly back over the Darwin Mountain range to Punta Arenas and say goodbye to our local trekking-guide (alternative boat ride to Ushuaia). (B/-/-)
- Local PORTERS carry expedition tents and cooking equipment on all trekking days
- Accommodation: 3 nights in guesthouse in double room with private bathroom and 3 nights in roomy, high quality 2-person expedition tents (to be used for 2 people)
- Meals: 6 x breakfast, 4 x box lunch, 5 x dinner
- Local English / Spanish speaking, certified trekking guide (WFR)
- Transport: all private transfers as per the detailed itinerary
- Domestic flights Punta Arenas - Puerto Williams - Punta Arenas (alternative boat ride Puerto Williams - Ushuaia)
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and satellite phone
- Single supplement: extra charge p.p. $170 USD
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Sleeping bag and camping mat
- Optional trips
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare (except the flights to/from Puerto Williams) and airport charges
- Excess luggage fees
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.